EMU 5.4 improves the functionality and stability with a number of new frameworks. This includes access to extra information (not available via APIs) and communication using SSH.
Improvments in EMU have been made to match changes to in the Broadworks software. These include the ability to detect changes in the Collaborate Bridge naming and improved extraction of R22 data.
EMU has a new framework of configuration files based on functional groupings. The previous configuration file had over 1000 lines. The new files separate the configuration into functional and logical groupings simplifying the administration of the EMU platform.
Announcement files are able to be retrieved and stored remotely, with a new framework that supports backup and restore of the announcement media files.
EMU data files (i.e. logs and output file) from previous runs can be retrieved using a new API.
Broadworks features removed in R22 have been removed for access to R22 platforms.
The data security of password has been improved with the obfuscation of password data in debug messags.
Data migrations have a more comprehemsive vierification process with an improved scoring criteria.
The following list is a summary the top features in version 5.4:
- Improved collaborate bridge migration
- New configuration file framework
- Improved verification success score criteria
- Enhanced debug messages
- Improved R22 data extraction
- Improved login of IDs without a domain part
- Removal of deprecated BroadWorks features
- New framework for database information
- New framework for SSH communication
- New framework for announcement files retrieval
- Remote backup and restore of announcements files
- New API to download files from EMU
EMU is an Extraction, Manipulation and Update (EMU) platform for Cloud UC developed by BroadSource and specialising in the BroadWorks platform. With just one click, Service Providers can:
- EXTRACT every piece of information from their BroadWorks environment to audit, analyse or backup customer group configurations.
- MANIPULATE thousands of configuration attributes in seconds, preparing for migrations.
- UPDATE, en masse, configuration settings, saving hundreds of ‘clicks’ and many hours.