The 5.3 release of EMU extends the management by the addition of a ‘Delete’ Framework to EMU higher level functions. Users can be deleted along with the removal of some settings and services, service packs from users and virtual users.
The complexity and effort required to manage many clusters and the associated administrative ID’s has been reduced using pattern based generation of userID’s.
The Audit function is now able to retrieve a number of CLI settings that are not available through CommPIlot.
The Compare output previously reported on all items, and has been enhanced in EMU 5.3 to optionaly provide a report on only data items that differ.
The following list is a summary of the top features and enhancements:
- New framework to delete users, services, numbers and settings
- New login and configuration enhancements for automatic admin logins for multi cluster platforms
- New support for Auditing BroadWorks CLI Settings
- Support for System Level Device Management Tag Sets
- Scheduling of Reports
- New compare output that is compatible with Update and Provision functions
- Backup and restore announcement files
- API retrieval of EMU log or data file
EMU is an Extraction, Manipulation and Update (EMU) platform for Cloud UC developed by BroadSource and specialising in the BroadWork platform. With just one click, Service Providers can:
- EXTRACT every piece of information from their BroadWork environment to audit, analyse or backup customer group configurations.
- MANIPULATE thousands of configuration attributes in seconds, preparing for migrations.
- UPDATE, en masse, configuration settings, saving hundreds of ‘clicks’ and many hours.