Thank you for visiting BROADSOURCE.
Last Updated on 17/06/2018 12:24 AEST
When we refer to “BroadSource”, we mean the BroadSource entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Entities Collecting Personal Information” section below.
Entities Collecting Personal Information
BroadSource is made up of multiple legal entities and this Privacy notice is issued on behalf of the BroadSource Group of companies, meaning when we refer to “BroadSource”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to to relevant company in the BroadSource Group who is responsible for processing your data.
BroadSource Data Controllers and Locations:
|BroadSource Australia Pty Ltd||Australia|
|BroadSource Europe Limited||United Kingdom|
|BroadSource LLC||United States|
Additional Information is available here
BroadSource Group Pty Ltd
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Level 13/664 Collins Street
Docklands 3008, Victoria, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9006 1050
Collection of Personal Information
As a visitor to the BroadSource web site, you can engage in many activities and access basic product or service information without a requirement to provide any Personal Information.
When you access our website(s), BroadSource may also collect certain technical information about your computer to facilitate use of the Site and our products / services.
As an example we may log environmental information such as Web Browser Type, Operating System and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer in order to facilitate your access to the Site and track your usage of the various products / services contained within the Site.
We may also use this information in combination with Personal information to better understand the needs of visitors and subscribers.
When you register to receive marketing information or Product / Service updates from BroadSource we may collect the following information from you:
- Contact Information such as your Name, Email Address and Mobile or Office Phone Numbers
- Demographic Information such as your Job Title, Job Description, Business Name and Business Type
- Marketing Interests such as the products or services you are interested in and if you would like to receive information about them
Alternatively when you register as part of subscribing to any BroadSource Products or Services we may collect the following additional information from you:
- Business Information such as Business Name, Business Type, Business Address
- Billing Information such as Contact Details for Accounts Payable Department or your Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Card Type and Billing Address
- User Profile Data such as your email address or username, password and details of the BroadSource products or services you have subscribed to
- Communications Preferences such as your preferred method of receiving mandatory notifications or communication from BroadSource related to your subscription(s)
Depending upon the type of Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as required or mandatory and some as optional.
If you do not wish to provide the mandatory information required for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity or subscribe to that product / service.
How your Personal Information is used
BroadSource collects and uses your Personal Information in order to provide services to you, comply with relevant legal and regulatory obligations, and to improve our products and services.
BroadSource may use this information to:
- Keep you informed about updates or special offers related to BroadSource Products and Services
- Send you requested Product or Service information
- Administer your account in our platform(s)
- Respond to Customer Service / Support Requests, Questions or Concerns
- Register your right to access technical support and other services that may be available to our Customers
- Send you Billing Information and Order Confirmations
- Send you non-marketing notifications directly related to the Services or Subscriptions you hold with BroadSource
In certain situations, BroadSource may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities and agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Where required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on BroadSource), and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request.
At our discretion, we may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement or other issues deemed to be of public importance.
Updating your Privacy Preferences and Personal Information
You have the right to view, correct or request deletion of your personal information and privacy preferences at any time and this can be accomplished by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request BroadSource will provide you with information about whether we hold or process any of your personal information, To request this information please contact us at: email@example.com
We will respond to these requests via email promptly within a reasonable time-frame.
Protection of your Personal Information
The Personal Information you provide in connection with receiving marketing information or subscribing to our services is protected in several ways:
- Your Personal Information is stored on password protected secure servers that only can only be accessed by selected BroadSource staff and contractors
- Access to your subscribed products and services including your personal information is available through use of your email address and a strong alpha numeric password selected by you with the option to use two-factor authentication via supported methods. Your password is encrypted and should not be divulged to anyone.
- Where Applicable Sensitive Data may be “encrypted at rest” as an additional layer of security
- Your Personal Information and any sensitive information (e.g. Credit Card or Payment Details) is encrypted in transit at all times using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology
While we strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us both during transmission and once we have received it, and use reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information based on its sensitivity and available technology no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions or concerns about security on our Web Sites or in our products and services, you can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your information for as long as it is required to provide you marketing information with your consent, provide you with services or fulfil our legal obligations.
In the event that you request BroadSource to delete your Personal Information or no longer use it to provide you with services or marketing information, please contact us at email@example.com
Once received, we will respond to your request within 30 days but will still retain or use your information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
BroadSource does not sell or otherwise provide any Personal Information to third parties for the marketing of their own products or services, but does use third party companies to perform services on our behalf and only share the minimum Personal Information required with them that is necessary for them to provide those services.
An example of this is credit card processing facilities provided by a third party company, who we use to bill your for our products and services.
To the best of our knowledge these companies do not store, share or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose apart from processing payments on our behalf.
We require that any company we may share Personal Information with to protect the data in a manner consistent with this policy and limit the use of this information to the performance of services on behalf of BroadSource.
A list of these third party data sub-processors is available here: Link
Opt Out / Choice
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing related updates at any time via Email by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have opted out of marketing related updates, BroadSource may still contact you in the following scenarios:
- Updates to our Terms of Service
- Service Related Announcements such as:
- Registration Emails
- Emails triggered by Actions taken in the Site or Service
- Service Status or Planned Maintenance Notifications
- Billing related Notifications
Generally you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature and are related to a subscription you have with BroadSource.
If you wish not to receive these communications, you have the option of deactivating your account.
Cookie and Tracking Technologies
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or click-stream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by BroadSource and our affiliates, analytics services and service to provide site features and functionality. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Links to third party sites
Social Media Widgets
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are under 18, do not enter information on this site or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information please contact email@example.com to have the data removed and terminate the child’s account.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that BroadSource’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, BroadSource relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Where BroadSource processes certain Personal Data for BroadSource’s own direct marketing purposes, you have a right to object to BroadSource’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time by by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
BroadSource Group Pty Ltd
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Level 19, William Street
Melbourne 3000, Victoria, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9006 1050
Once received, we will investigate your complaint promptly.